welcome message

Find here news about my work and observations and incidents that happen while out painting. Double clicking an image will open up a larger-view slide show. Thanks for visiting.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring Painting





Motivated by the first blooming flowers after a long winter, it was great to get outside and work without three jackets on.  





Forsythia, 12 x 12", oil on canvas

As I was finishing this up, I observed someone talking on their cell phone; I liked how his belly matched the sky.








View of Carpenter's Woods, 10 x 10", oil on canvas

Here, I was as much intrigued by the first hints of spring in the foreground as I was by the view of Carpenter's Woods in the background. 








Painting Along Cobb's Creek, 16 x 20", oil on linen

It was fun to paint not only a beautiful spot along Cobb's Creek, but to include my friend, painter Alexandra Tyng, in the piece.